About Our Program
Welcome to our residency page! University Medical Center of Southern Nevada (UMCSN) is a nonprofit, tertiary teaching hospital located in the heart of Las Vegas, Nevada. UMCSN is the only Level I Trauma Center, only Transplant Center, and only Verified Burn Center in the state of Nevada. The hospital has 541 licensed beds and serves as the flagship teaching facility for medicine, pharmacy, nursing, and more.
Over the course of 12 months, our goal is to provide diverse experiences for residents to grow professionally and expand their clinical knowledge while collaborating with various members of the health care team. We are affiliated with Roseman University of Health Sciences, College of Pharmacy and the Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV. Learners from varying disciplines and levels of experience – students, residents, fellows – are a core part of patient care at UMC, and our pharmacy residents work closely with the different academic teams on all clinical rotations.
Take a look around our website to find out more about our program. We look forward to meeting you!
RESIDENCY PROGRAM BENEFITS
- Standard medical, dental, and vision coverage (active after two full months of employment)
- 17 paid days off
- Attendance and travel expenses subsidized for ASHP Midyear and regional residency conference
- Resident office
- Space is shared between PGY-1 and PGY-2 residents
- Each resident has their own desk and dual-screen computer
- Free parking
- Training Site: University Hospital
- Owner/Affiliate: Government
- Model Types: Teaching, Tertiary
- Tax Status: Nonprofit
- Pharmacists: 33
- Pharmacy Technicians: 42
- Total Beds: 541
- Affiliation: UNLV Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine and Roseman University of Health Sciences College of Pharmacy
- Others: Level I Trauma Center, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Verified Burn Center
This translation is provided by Google Translate. University Medical Center of Southern Nevada makes no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, regarding the accuracy of the translation provided above.