The UMC Cardiology and Stroke Center provides patients with access to a trusted team of highly experienced physicians, nurses and other medical professionals who share a steadfast commitment to promoting successful outcomes and improved quality of life. Offering a wide range of services, the UMC Cardiology and Stroke Center utilizes advanced technology supported by highly refined, evidence-based processes to quickly diagnose, treat and rehabilitate patients.
Located on the third floor of the hospital’s main tower, the Cardiology & Stroke Center offers private rooms equipped with the latest technology and monitoring equipment to ensure patients receive the high-quality care they deserve.
The UMC Cardiology and Stroke Center Offers:
- Three dedicated cardiac catheterization suites, allowing highly skilled physicians to perform lifesaving procedures using the latest, cutting-edge technology.
- Advanced forms of treatment, including complex percutaneous coronary intervention, a minimally invasive procedure used to treat narrowed or obstructed coronary arteries.
- A commitment to improved safety through the radial approach to cardiac catheterization, which is used in a majority of procedures to reduce the risk of major bleeding
- A 12-bed Cardiovascular Care Unit (CVCU) equipped with the latest technology to provide post-operative care to open-heart surgery patients
- A high-tech, 12-bed Coronary Care Unit (CCU) to manage the care of critically ill cardiac patients
- A comprehensive range of advanced diagnostic tools, including electrocardiogram (EKG), echocardiogram (echo), cardiac stress testing, implantable loop recorders and Holter monitors
- A dedicated Heart Failure Clinic staffed by a board-certified cardiologist and a nurse practitioner who help patients manage medications and symptoms to promote improved quality of life
- A Cardiac Rehabilitation Program offering personalized treatment plans focused on physical activity, nutrition, stress management and other key areas
- An Open-Heart Surgery Program supported by highly specialized surgeons and the latest breakthroughs in clinical technology
- Nevada’s ONLY cardiology fellowship program supporting the availability of quality care for generations to come
This translation is provided by Google Translate. University Medical Center of Southern Nevada makes no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, regarding the accuracy of the translation provided above.