Welcome to the Emergency Services page at University Medical Center of Southern Nevada. Thank you for choosing us to meet your emergency needs. We pride ourselves on offering efficient, professional, and timely service to each of our patients.
Our Adult Emergency, Pediatric Emergency and
Trauma departments have been growing as quickly as the Las Vegas community. In 2011, we treated over 125,000 patients, making us one of the largest emergency facilities in the nation. We are the gateway to many of UMC’s accredited and award-winning services, most notably:
- Accredited by Joint Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Accredited by the Committee on Trauma for Trauma Center
- American Heart Association Gold Award for Heart Failure
- American Heart Association Gold Award for Coronary Artery Disease
- Society of Chest Pain Centers Accreditation
- Comprehensive Hypothermia Program
Awards, Accreditations and Memberships page to see them all.
UMC is also a highly-regarded teaching institution, as witnessed by the thousands of medical professionals who have trained here over the years. ER patients especially benefit from medical residents and students, who not only participate in patient care, but also conduct important research.
Who are we?
We are highly-trained healthcare professionals. When combined, our Adult, Pediatric and Trauma ERs are staffed by:
- More than 200 Registered nurses
- Over 60 Emergency and Trauma doctors and mid-level providers, plus 60 more residents in these areas
- Over 40 Clinical and Administrative support staffmembers
In addition to nurses and doctors, ER patients may be treated by healthcare experts from many other UMC departments, including:
- Cardiology and Chest Pain Center
What if you need care, but it is not an emergency?
The University Medical Center system offers many medical services in the Las Vegas area. For all non-emergent and non-life-threatening illness and injury, please contact one of our Quick Care locations.
Visit our Quick Care page for information about the location best for you.
Where are we?
University Medical Center of Southern Nevada
1800 West Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89102
Get Directions and Parking at UMC