Tranquility at UMC
What is the C.A.R.E. Channel?
The C.A.R.E. (Continuous Ambient Relaxation Environment) Channel combines soothing scenes from nature with beautiful and tranquil music to:
- Create a space that supports health and well-being
- Provide a good alternative to commercial television
- Lower stress and reduce anxiety
- Help take patients’ minds off pain and discomfort by providing a positive distraction
- Help patients sleep better at night by supporting their circadian rhythm and reducing the negative impacts of hospital noise
- Support family members and loved ones while in the room with the patient
How to Watch
UMC North (7-Story) Tower – Channel 48
UMC Trauma & Emergency Department – Channel 47
UMC Children’s Hospital – Channel 46 or 47
Watching at Home:
For UMC patients who want to use the C.A.R.E. Channel as they continue their healing journeys at home, nurses can provide a special access code.
This translation is provided by Google Translate. University Medical Center of Southern Nevada makes no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, regarding the accuracy of the translation provided above.