Promoting Burn Prevention
The UMC Lions Burn Care Center staff work with numerous agencies to promote burn prevention.
- Clark County School District--educate students on burn prevention, fire safety, escape plans, etc.
- Member of local Safe Kids organization
- Participates in various health and safety fairs
- Works in conjunction with local fire and police departments developing safety/prevention programs
- Participates in the Risk Watch program
For more information about these programs or any others,please contact the UMC Lions Burn Care Center at (702) 671-1087 and ask for Mary Martinat, RN, Burn Program Manager.
Preventing Fires thru Education
The UMC Lions Burn Care Center is part of the Southern Nevada Fire Setters Diversion program. This program is specifically designed for arson offenders who are children. The Youth Fire Setter Diversion program provides education designed to prevent families from experiencing problems with fire setting. The program in Las Vegas is run through the Partnership for Youth at Risk Program. The phone number is 702-267-2284.
Another great educational resource is the Firefighters of Southern Nevada Burn Foundation.
For more information about this programs or any others, please contact the UMC Lions Burn Care Center at 702.383.2268 and ask for Jose “Ed” Enriquez, RN, Clinical Manager.