The mission of the University Medical Center of Southern Nevada (UMC) Institutional Review Board (IRB) is to protect the rights and welfare of human subjects in research.
The IRB examines the plans set forth by the investigator by considering five generally accepted ethical norms:
- Good Research Design
- Competent Investigators
- Favorable Balance of Risk and Benefit
- Informed Consent of the Subject
- Suitable Selection of Subjects
The actions of the UMC IRB conform to all other applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations regarding the rights, welfare, and the safety of human subjects.
To accomplish our mission, we strive to:
- Assure all activities related to human subject research will be guided by the following ethical principles: Respect for Persons, Beneficence, and Justice
- Guarantee that the risks to subjects are reasonable in relation to anticipated benefits.
- Continue appropriate ethical conduct and regulatory compliance
- Ensure that protocols receive timely continuing IRB review and approval
- Build Relationships with our Community and Researchers
- Provide Accurate and Timely Information
Medical Staff Director:
1800 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89102
Assistant IRB Coordinator:
PHI Collection / Study of Existing Data Coordinator
Office: (702) 383-3756
Fax: (702) 383-2479